Book Design: 7 Questions to Ask For What to Do About the Sales and Promoting of Your Book…
What is it about the prospect of having to sell and promote our new book design that makes us think we don’t know anything? We wake up to the process of sales every day. It begins with us asking what we’re going to wear and progresses into who we talk to at work. The process of creating rapport, stating benefits and follow though with each action we take… which is really all aobut the sales or promotion of us! Think about it?
So, lets take a few minutes to see what that might mean to our book?
1. Is the topic interesting?
2. Have we shared benefits throughout the text?
3. Have we taken the time to really show we care about how the book is perceived by having the cover and interior professionally designed?
4. Does the back cover pull the reader in?
5. Are we blogging?
6. Have we checked with local book stores?
7. Have we gathered relevant magazines?
These are just a few of the techniques needed to develop for the sales and marketing of our book… after all, it is our business card. Right?
And when you start thinking about all the ways you already unconsciously sell yourself… how hard can it be to do the same for your book? Thinking your book branding, marketing and promotion early on, getting a head start can make all the difference in the world to how you and your book move forward.