Traditional Publishing or Self Publishing and Promotion?
Traditional Publishing or Self Publishing… a question I get asked many times in initial conversations. There was a time when becoming an author was “like totally out there” and seen as unreachable for most of us. Then, something happened and things changed. Technology. I remember it happening. That shinny new ‘something’ that needed to be seen. But I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. After all, it’s been close to 30 years now… and our lives are still changing because of it.
Today anyone can write a book, and many do. Being self published is now seen as being pro-active and necessary if you have a concept or story that just has to be shared.
There is great joy in sharing and participating in life. Technology, personal computers mostly, might keep us closer to our desks and not as physically active but our minds still move at 100+ miles an hour and our need for community grows with the need to share and participate.
Writing a book, your own book, story, concepts is how we ease that need. So it’s no wonder that the self published author will continue to be on the rise.
Since promotion is at least 85% of the process of being seen, it needs to be attended to. Most publishers expect the author to participate in this, book signings and such and with social media, participate on a larger scale… I know, like when do they have time to write another book…?? But it goes without saying, the author needs to be seen and heard in ways apart from just the writing of the book.
The linked article points out 10 interesting reasons self publishing will continue to grow… I work with beginning authors everyday and experience first hand the joy they feel throughout the process of producing their book.
So don’t miss out being a part of something big for your soul… start your outline today. Take notes about what you want to include, begin the stage of gathering and researching, writing…and then contact me to help you move it forward faster by consulting on process and printing and designing the cover and interior.
# # #
Join Our Mailing List
- How to add a website Bookmark icon to your iphone
- Book Business and the Players…
- How do I treat the cover for a second edition?
- News: Great Southeast Book Festival 2016 — Call for Entries
- NEWS: Los Angeles Book Festival 2016 Call for Entry
- Writing for Books: Back Cover and Advertisements
- Printed books are alive and doing well — Good Reader
- Association of American Publishers
- Amazon had an Anniversary July 15th its been 20 years!!
- The Power of Telling, not showing for book promotion
- Publishing a book challenges your brian… Huffington Post
- Writing Copy for your Book Sales and Promotion
- Back Up your Website and Social Media (facebook)
- Tip: Blogging Happy…not just about the New Year!
- Tip: Seasons Greetings! and Now is the time to Start/Finsih That Book!
- Tip: Purpose and intent-writing for why?
- Tip: Raining in California…interesting writing subjects
- IBPA … a good place to start
- A benefit of reading… fiction mostly
- Writer’s Block be gone! Finishing Your Book. I’m not just a Book Designer…
- Writing Articles For Your Book, Service or Business
- What Are You Doing to Help Make Your Book Website Interesting
- Figuring Out What Makes a Great Book Title
- Write a Book, Make a Difference in the World
- Traditional Publishing or Self Publishing and Promotion?
- What’s happening in the digital world and how piracy is being looked at…
- News: The Differences between Reading Digital and Physical Books
- Book Promotion: Where to Promote your Book: Websites, Blogs, Forums
- Where and how to begin your book promotion.
- Have you ever felt foolish? Especially when it comes to writers block.
- Publishing Tip: How To Make Research Work For Your Book
- Web-Presence 101: your mailing list
- 10 Publishing Tips that Assist – it’s the little things…
- Book Design: Opinions. What’s yours?
- Time to publish my book, as well as market, promote, review, award shows and and and…
- Book Promotion: Getting your articles to magazines on target and on time…
- Creativity is Art which includes writing…
- Promotion: Upholding the Promise of your Book
- Book: “Olinguito Speaks Up!” by Cecilia Velástegui
- Book: “By U.S. Bonds” a memoir of Gary U.S. Bonds – Branding
- Book: J. A. Maloney two Mystery Novels over the past year…
- Having a Professional Book Design for your Cover and Interior
- There is No “Easy Button” for a Great Book Cover Design
- Hollywood Book Festival – 9th Annual Awards
- Speaking about Branding at Made in the Valley Networking
- Posting a review to Barnes & Noble
- We all know it's not JUST about writing the book… right?
- About Writing… 10 points from PD James
- Book Award: The Great Midwest Book Festival 2013
- Getting Insurance for your business…Other related subject: Small Business Insurance