Hardcover Book Jacket Copy:
What copy goes on the dust-jacket flaps and back cover?
Hardcover dust-jacket back and flaps copy:
1.) What goes on the Front-inside Flap of a Dust-Jacket?
• price, category
• short description, story, mission of book, author
• testimonials, poems, quotes
• I have seen 3C put on the inside front.
2.) What goes on the Back-inside Flap of a Dust-Jacket?
• author photo, name, title or….
• short bio of author, company, mission, etc
• website, contact information
• publishing company, contact info, cover artist
3.) What goes on the Backcover of a Dust-Jacket?
• list of testimonials
• short paragraph statement to the reader as to what, why how they need to buy this book
• headline that asks a question, makes a statement that can be ended with an (É)
• first paragraph description of what is in book, history, background of thoughts presented
• 3,5 or 7 bullet points of what reader will find, gain
• testimonials, quotes
• paragraph summing it up, inviting reader to take action and buy book
• publisher info, website etc.
If you look at books around your house you’ll find a mixture of possibilities. The above is a starting point and allows for mix and matching and you don’t have to put all of any of these, I’ve seen a book with just one testimonial on the back or a quote in the front flap or no author photo.
Put together what you feel works for your needs and we’ll look it over and perfect it.
# # #
If you don’t find the answer to your questions here, please Contact me and lets start your project today.
| View Samples | Designer Covers | Designer Interiors | Contact|
Extended Project consulting/coaching, marketing, advertising, promotion PR, organization and more. Learn more about my Consulting Services.