Here you are, thinking…what, how am I going to finish, design, publish and promote my book?
Some of you who are more familiar with my posts know I end with the statement of “Remember, do something every day toward…..” There is such power in this statement, please remember it.
Here are 10 things/actions/thoughts for you to consider:
- One of the things I found most daunting about writing a book was all the rewrites….UNTIL I realized how great the book turned out because of them.
- Research. One can never gather enough information. Whether it’s about your subject or how to self publish or promote. Spend time every day on the net reading
- Talk with like minded people. Open up to them and share your passions your book.
- Go read the first part of another book. Or the table of contents. Maybe the book is only about business, or even cooking…
- Go for a 15 min walk. Look at what’s around you… absorb
- Type in your website URL, look at your site and see how YOU react… is it what you thought? If not, change one thing and see how that works.
- Take out your camera/video/smart phone make a 30sec spot or shoot yourself doing something and write about it
- Go to or open a Google Account and set up google alerts
- Go to a book reading or signing…
- Talk to someone you don’t know and share these publishing tips
It’s nice to know that you can do things that help further your book or service. Even a laugh on the phone while talking to someone can open a door and move you to a new space. People like to be acknowledged as do you. Don’t miss a beat.
Remember, do something every day towards the production and promotion of your book, service, product or company… then contact me and let move it further forward.
# # #