Research. Can one ever do enough? In the self publishing world there are so many variables to consider and because of this, we actively research everything. Like you researching this topic on this self publishing tips blog. In today’s world of electronic discovery your options can be endless.
That being said, be sure to look at several places to see how content matches and where it doesn’t match. Take notes and then do more research. Everyone has a different view and direction they pursue. Finding the ones that match up with your discover can be a fun experience and you might make a connection you’ll keep for years.
Here are some things to consider to “make research work” for your needs:
- What will the research be for? How will you use it? What is your outline or focus and how do you plan to back it up?
- Are you looking for a book or product to purchase on a specific subject? Will you search amazon.com?
- Are you looking for statistics? For content dialogue? Or for a like minded colleague?
- Are you looking for quotable comments or a person to write your foreword or to collaborate with you?
- How much information do you need? Will you look at Wikipedia?
- Are you looking for a conference, school, or other program to help further your exposure?
- Always look for not only the answers, but new questions. Be open to all viewpoints at least enough to explore more.
- Will you hire a consultant to help pave the way?
Sometimes one place will lead you to the next. OR give you another option to add to the book, or to discount one you thought was finished but now needs further discovery. Whatever you find, will stimulate your brain and expand your journey and experiences.
Remember, do something everyday toward the production, and promotion of your book, service, product or company and contact me to move it forward faster.
# # #