The question of the book order form is often asked… do I or don’t I… and if I do, how many do I put in the back of the book?
I figure if you have the space, the pages based on the signature count from your printer, why not include an Order Form.
The form can help increase visibility in several ways:
1. Can be given to a friend if they are interested in the book.
2. Can list quantity sales costs or at least let the reader know this is an option. Groups might be interested depending on what your subject matter is.
3. If your book is picked up by a Library, the form(s) allow for readers to contact you.
Be sure to include the following on your form.
1. Your company contact information including, website, fax and phone to encourage immediate and extended sales. Also mention who the check needs to be made out to.
2. Email and snail mail addresses
3. Return policy
4. Tax, shipping and handling for one or quantity books
5. Offer information on your other services such as speaking, ebooks, consulting, coaching, mailing lists and other books.
6. Space for customer information: name, address, city, state, zip, phone, email.
7. If you ship international, mention your policy and shipping costs.
AND be sure to use the back of the form for more product and service promotion. In some ways this can be a nice income when your book is widely used.